Friday, October 25, 2013

Foxy Friday

And this was not funny!Red-Fox-Road.

MM and I were sitting upstairs in our office talking and enjoying our morning coffee when I noticed a strange look on his face.  What???

I looked out the window where he had been looking and saw a fox (not this one—internet image) running down our driveway toward the house.  Two kitties were outside!  I flew down the steps to go outside and yell at the critter to go away, but MM called down mid-run that  the fox had already gone toward the woods.  I went out and yelled anyway.  It made ME feel better.  I don’t want him/her near the house.  Period.  I’m territorial.  This is OUR space.  YOUR space is in the woods.  Stay!

Scared.  I was.  Kitties are back inside (32 was not to their liking).  Barkely is running around sniffing.  Good dog.  Whew.  Good critters accounted for…check. 

All is well.

Life is never dull in Mayberry.  I’ll settle for a little dull right now.

Have yourselves a ginger peachy, fox-free Friday! 

9 comments:

Sandee said...

I'd have been doing the same thing you were doing. I'm just saying. I'm glad all is well.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs to you and lots of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Jean(ie) said...

If you're bigger, louder, and scarier, the fox will leave. Good move.

Glad the furkids were okay.
Have a great weekend!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My girlfriend had a family of foxes staying under her shed this past spring. They were adorable!

Barb said...

We've had a few fox here. I know just how you felt! Precisely. Aaaaiiieeee!

Glad everyone reached to safey, including the fox.

Carry on, Mayberryans. big hugs from south jawjah (where it is a glorious 68 degrees!) xoxo

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!
The farmers do not love foxes...my sister absolutely doesn't...her chickens and hens too!

Have a lovely week end!

big hugs!
s

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

we had a silver fox on our mountain and wild turkeys and a big cat!!! i mean a big cat! a diamond back rattler at the foot of the driveway. bats galore. daddy long legs everywhere. i loved watching wildlife from the rocker on the porch. oh, and there were black bears. never dull. and a woodpecker!

smiles, bee
xoxoxooxox

Joy said...

Did I tell you I think there was a bear on my porch last week? Glad the fox didn't try to mess with those sweet kitties.

LAC said...

But... did you get a chance to ask "What does the fox say?" before he ran off?! Hahaha.

No clue what I am talking about.... go to you tube, search "What does the fox say" by Ylvis, HD video. Its a pair of Norway comedians and the song is infectious!!!!

LAC said...

PS the boys will love it!