Thursday, January 20, 2011

This sub’s for you!

P1000973

Hey, Dan, in honor of your birthday yesterday, we all went to Russo’s for lunch to try their subs…at your suggestion.  They don’t have spicy mustard.  Bummer.  They were good, but I don’t think they will put Subway out of business.

Dick needed yet one more bag of Sakrette, so he dropped me off at Publix while he went to the big box store…and then we each got a few chores done.  No time for beading yesterday.  What’s wrong with that picture?!

The nawthern Bells arrived late afternoon and will be here for a week.  Yayyy!  Mike and Jennie joined us for dinner.  We all enjoyed the Greek chicken and couscous that I fixed in the crock pot.  Easy peasy.  Joy, this recipe was in the cookbook you gave me!  I am planning on using my crock pot as much as possible, so it is fun trying out new recipes.  Look for it at www.dyerdining.blogspot.com.  Soon.

Today we will kick back and be a bit lazy, then the six of us will join Dick’s high school group for dinner tonight.

Friends and food just go together.  Love it!

11 comments:

ivana said...

Ciao SAndy!!!
I see you have fun and loveky time!!!
I cannot see well what subs are, but your faces are very happy!!!
Have a great dinner tonight!!!
Right...friends and food a great binomial!!!
Big hugs!!!

Haley D. said...

Very fun! Give those Yankees a hug from us, and be sure to "ooh and ah" over the baby pictures.

Barb said...

I had a sub yesterday... it was a Stouffer's meatball sub. It was OK, but not nearly as good as that Quesadeilla. And man, did I pay for it later. Owie.

Hooray for time with friends and even better, being lazy today!

Big hugs :]

Anonymous said...

The next time you're at Publix, have a cuban sub for me. I so miss those....Better yet, get the grilled one.

Hope you get to bead today.

Janelee said...

Here we are, sitting up here in Tennessee, expecting more snow today, and there you are in lovely, sunny Florida. Yea for you!!! We are heading that way on Monday for a quick visit, so at least we'll get some sun, but we will be back again next month. Hopefully, we can catch up with you down there before you head back.

Joy said...

Glad the recipe turned out well, it sounds yummy! I have a new crockpot recipe to send you, too...I scanned it but can't find where the scan landed! (new computer...)
Anyway, have a great weekend!

Sandee said...

Sorry your sub sandwich wasn't exactly what you were expecting. I love Subway subs. You can get anything on those babies.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs for foggy California. :)

Sarge Charlie said...

this cake is for us.......thanks

Joy said...

By the way, Joan & Dan & I went to the BR today in your honor! :-)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

never much liked russos but i LOVE delezias! try them some time, in the little shopping center near our entrance, just a ma and pa place. tell them you are "mr charlie's" friend!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Faith Allen said...

All this talk about subs and Greek chicken with couscous and olives and feta cheese!!!! Mmmm :) Miss you guys! Thanks for the daily blogging. I've been enjoying it.