Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday in paradise

P1000944

See those blue skies?  Well, they did not exist here yesterday, I can tell you.  It was overcast all morning, then the rain began at noon and lasted all afternoon…not that I am complaining.  Apparently this area is down about 10” in the rain department, so the liquid sunshine was very welcome.

It was a perfect day for a big pot of bean and lentil soup, using up some ham and a ham bone that I had.  It sure was good.

Today Dick is off to a boat show (or is it a car show?) with the guys.  Missy and I will try to stay out of trouble, but I’m making no promises.  I have beads.  And a few books to read.  Oh the choices, when home alone and no vehicle!

Interesting tidbit I read recently:  When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

Hmm…I also have a bag of peanut M&Ms.  All to myself.

Life is good, y’all!  Happy Friday…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Books, beadds, snuggly furchild, and chocolate... what more could a woman ask for?

Haley D. said...

Enjoy your day in paradise! We didn't get any white stuff last night, so it is time to get ready for school. :) Our Friday may just bring snow later though.

Enjoy your day to yourself! I look forward to one of those... someday...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sounds like my day!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxo

ivana said...

Dear Sandy!!!
It's the same for me: alone..and I enjoy what I may not...
Your plans with Missy are fantastic!!!!
Have a great Friday...Dick sure enjoys car- or boat show!!!

xoxo

Barb said...

There is NO chocolate in my house! What's up with that? But a day to yourself to bead n' read sounds just lovely!

Big hugs :]

Sandee said...

It's so gloomy and cold here. I'm so ready for spring and some sunshine and warmth.

The soup sounded really good. Some french bread and butter and we have a wonderful meal.

Have a terrific day honey and stay out of too much trouble. A little trouble is good. Big hugs. :)

Linda said...

Sounds like it was the perfect Friday to me!

When it comes to Peanut M&Ms, I'm all too familiar with resistance being futile!

Amazing Gracie said...

A bag of peanut M&Ms...divine. I finally finished my stash, sadly. Guess another trek to Costco is called for!
I think poor Sandee is tired of our valley fog. It was 42 here yesterday for a high, and that's cold for us.
I don't mind the cold, though. I've got a little furry friend snuggled up next to me - Homer likes to cuddle.
~~~Blessings~~~