Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gobble, gobble, wobble…

turkey

So the ham and turkey are outside cooking in the smoker.  The ham goes on the top rack, and the juices continually baste the bird.  Help me Rhonda, that is quite a combination that Dick discovered quite by accident.  That bird winds up being so moist and tender that we almost don’t want to bother eating the ham…but we do.  And declare them both GOOD.

Here is a list of what is expected on the menu later today:

stuffing, gravy
cranberry relish
corn pudding
Vidalia onion casserole
glazed carrots and parsnips
sweet potato casserole
mashed potatoes
steamed broccoli
marinated Roma tomatoes
zucchini with Parmesan cheese
rolls, butter
pumpkin cheesecake
pecan pie
apple pound cake

Hmm, what am I leaving out???  Oh yes, cranberry nut bread.  I think this is enough to make us all wobble just a bit when we are done!  And tomorrow?  Those bones will be turned into turkey soup.  Yeah, baby…love that!

Check out dyerdining for some of the above recipes…if you are interested.  That site is continually updated as Haley and I go through our recipe files, so go visit any time, and be surprised at what you might find.  Yumm…

Life is definitely GOOD, y’all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy... I'm full again just reading this! I only ate a turkey sammich yesterday and a slice of pie. We have a whole turkey breast in the fridge which I suspect will be dinner tonight. After that, the fridge gets cleaned out. We'll freeze the giblet gravy, though. Chuck made it and it's awesome!

Enjoy! Big hugs :]

Sarge Charlie said...

I had enough already, we had cold turkey sandwiches for dinner, enough already.......

Haley D. said...

Yum! I can't wait!!

Thanks for posting so many recipes over on the recipe blog. I can't wait to try some of my grandmothers' recipes, and I didn't know that the delish cranberry nut bread was from Aunt Lynne. Thanks!

Sandee said...

Sounds good, especially the pumpkin cheesecake. I just love pumpkin anything.

Have a terrific feast. Big hugs. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh delicious! Have a wonderful feast!

Papertracks said...

I love your menu and your recipes. I actually cooked a sweet potato pie in our little oven after the turkey breast was done. It was the best recipe. I mashed up sweet potatoes and added 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk, 2 beaten eggs and 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, put into a piecrust and baked 45 min at 350. Easy Peasy!

Linda said...

That sounds like it must have been a totally fantastic feast for both the eyes and stomach!

I hope that you and Dick and your family had the happiest of get-togethers no matter what day it was!