Monday, June 1, 2009

Princess Cruise Day 1 - Venice

royal princess atrium

This is the lovely atrium of the Royal Princess, and our journey begins onboard today.

Our hotel has incredibly slow internet, but it is FREE, so we wait...and wait...for stuff to download. For some reason Windstream wouldn't let me send outgoing mail today, so I may be using a combination of accounts to stay in touch. Hold the jokes please!!!

The weather in Venice is clear and a little cooler...great in our opinion! Tomorrow is a national holiday and everything will be closed...and too much traffic for Ivana to come and meet us at the ship. What a disappointment, but we totally understand about not wanting to fight traffic and tourists! Hey...that's OK. We will be back in Italy again.

Miss reading all my fave bloggers, but y'all know I'll be catching up when we get back home. Let the journey begin...life is good! We are looking forward to unpacking once and enjoying the cruise. Come along with us! Enjoy your Monday...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a grand staircase! I'd feel like the Queen of the ship, for sure!

Haley D. said...

This may be the most beautiful ship I've ever seen! I can't wait to see more photos (when you have a much better connection). Sorry you'll miss Ivana this time, but I'm sure they'll be another chance one day. Bon voyage!

Joy said...

My internet was down yesterday and I missed keeping up with you - glad to catch up this morning. Enjoy the cruise!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a shame about ivana not coming but i totally understand it. have a lovely time, i know you will!!!

smiles, bee

Sandee said...

Wow that staircase is beautiful. So elegant.

Just have a terrific time. Big hug. :)

ivana said...

Ciao!!!
Next time sure!!!
I 'm glad your ship is so wonderful!!
Enjoy your journey!!!!
I think of you....
Un abbraccio!!!
ivana

Nanette said...

John was also over there on the shipyard seeing the Dream. My first Med was onboard the Grand Princess starting in Civitavecchia and ending in Venice. Magic city.
Have a great time!!