Sunday, September 2, 2012

Time to count your blessings!




Not such a good photo, but it was precious watching Grumps playing dominoes with Will...and occasionally losing to the wee one! That boy is sharp!

We have much to be grateful for after many years of living and working hard...and of course playing hard. We are blessed. We have a roof over our heads, and food on our table.

My heart is breaking because I just now learned that friends Serge and Julie's house burned down a few days ago. Julie is handicapped, but she got out of the house, Serge got their Moho moved away from it, but they lost everything. Absolutely everything. Of course a lot of possessions are just STUFF...but family memorabilia and photos are items that can't be replaced...and those are the precious things we want to keep.

They have family and friends nearby way up there in Canada, but MM and I are sending our love and support to them from Mayberry...and hope to still see them in FL this winter. Love you guys!

So, look around you and count your blessings and hug your loved ones. I know Serge and Julie are grateful to be alive...and will survive this.

Everything in perspective.

Life is good, y'all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, thank goodness they are safe! Sending my prayers and support, to them, too.

That Will is one smart cookie! And how marvelous to have his Grumps to teach him all kinds of good stuff!

big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hoping they have great insurance. and yes, i do count my blessings every day. and no one can take your memories, i try to remember that every day too.

hugs, bee
xoxoxooxxo

Linda said...

Got to love a sharp domino player no matter the age!

That's so sad about your friends' loss but thank goodness they got out safe and sound with no loss of life or injuries. There seem to have been a lot of fires around my part of Connecticut lately and tragically, some of them have claimed lives too.

Sandee said...

What a great shot of gramps playing with the wee one. Fabulous memories indeed.

Sorry about your friends. It's so sad when these things happen. I'm happy they are okay and they have their Moho.

I am thankful for everything we have every single day. Most important that we are always thankful about everything.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from chilly California. :)

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!

My prayers to your friends...it'e so hard to loose the house, I knew that last monthes, here, many have lost their house and live under tent or in Hotel!
My hugs to Julie and Serge!
Grumps? I guess Grandparents! I learn a bit more!!!

Have a great Sunday, we had the family here, it was so lovely!

Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your friends. That is terrible to lose everything, but thankfully they are safe. That is the important thing.