Thursday, September 20, 2012

iOops

I hooked up my iPad to download the latest major software update last night, knowing it was gonna take awhile for this process.  Well, there was an oops in the system somewhere and I was left with a nothing iPad late last night.  My hope was that the iPad would be magically downloaded by morning and good to go.  NOT.  Stuck.

So what do I do this morning?  A ‘cold’ shutdown, turn it back on, and yes, peaches, I had to do a complete restore of the iPad.  Plug that sucker into the computer, hit “Restore to factory settings” with trepidation, of course (with the assurance, it stated, that it would tell me when to restore my STUFF). 

Well, I did…it did…and it is now churning away, doing the restoring of my stuff…syncing apps, reloading books, files, photos and contacts.  Mama will hopefully be happy when it is iDone.

It will take awhile, but that’s OK.  I am headed to basket class in just a while.

Life is always exciting here in lil ole Mayberry, y’all.   Have yourselves a ginger peachy day, but watch out for any oops!

8 comments:

Barb said...

That very same thing happened to me once on my iPad and twice on my iPhone. It was maddening!! ANd a little bit scary. I blame it on the fact that Windows and Apple do not play nice. I only use my iMac now for upgrading the software on them. Syncing and backing up is fine, but not upgrading.

...and problems like you've just experienced??? That's the whole reason for backing up first. And aren't we glad we do?!

I triple love my iMac! I just wish my business software was available for a Mac. I'd never look back at Windows. Evah.

You go make a nice basket. It will all be fine and dandy! big hugs from dreary, muggy, overcast south jawjah. xoxo

Sandee said...

I hate it when this happens. I just hate it. When I have something I want to use it when I want to use it not wait for it to restore itself. Just saying honey.

Have a terrific day. Big hugs from chilly California. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh no, so sorry! i downloaded ios6 last night on the iPad2 and it finished and was up and running in a bit over 15 minutes but i have super fast internet here. i still haven't played around with it though. can't wait for the new phone!

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Joy said...

Oh, yuck! That would be awful. How do you back up an iPad? Of course, I download wirelessly but still, I guess it could happen. Yuck!

LAC said...

I don't jump into the upgrades so quickly just in case there are bugs. I will download it when it forces me too. I hate change, lol.

Jean(ie) said...

Shades of things to come for me. I need to back up first.

Be sure to show us your basket.

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!

Download and me...no feeling!!!
IPanic, when such thing happens...I get desperated!!!

Have fun with the new applications!

Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm actually wondering if going with Apple for my first smart phone is a good idea.