Monday, September 10, 2012

It’s chili time!

 

Chicken Taco Chili

This recipe Joy found on a certain message board was experimented on here last night and was rated two thumbs us times six!  Easy peasy and very filling.

Chicken Taco Chili

8 Servings, about 200 calories each

1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn kernels
1 small can diced tomatoes with green chilies
16 oz tomato sauce
28 oz diced tomatoes
packet taco seasoning
1 Tbsp chili powder
3 boneless chicken breasts

Cook 6 hours high or 10 hours low in the crock pot.

So…the recipe didn’t call for the green chilies, but I thought the color would be a nice addition (green Bell peppers could also be used, but they do not like me).  I used mild because I am a wuss when it comes to spicy hot.

Some added a small dollop of sour cream on top.  Delish.  Love my crockpot one-dish meals, but we did have something extry special to go along with this (besides brownies and ice cream):  grilled okra!  Srsly good stuff…a little olive oil, salt, garlic.  Leave’em whole…toss in a ziploc and marinate for awhile, then grill.

Try it!  Oh my goodness!!!

It was 50 chilly here in Mayberry this morning, but the sun is smiling on us, making this a great day.  I hope yours is, too!  Share a smile…

7 comments:

Joy said...

Glad it was good! Six thumbs up is a pretty good review. I have never tried grilled okra but I do like it fried. Don't like it slimy, though (as in stewed) or with tomatoes. Now that there is a little bit of cool in the air, chili in the crockpot is sounding better and better!

Barb said...

Oh, look! I just saw this on your recipe blog! I've already pinned it on Pinterest! And 200 calories is hard to beat so I pinned it onto my Sensible Eating Board!

Sadly, bell peppers do not like me much either. I sneak a few in my salad, chopped small, mostly for color.

It was 78 here. I'll take it because it beats a muggy 83 any day! srsly.

Big hugs from south jawjah! xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i'm guessing you shred the 3 chicken breasts after they cook? not sure. sounds delicious! i use ground turkey all white meat in mine and it's about the same but that one packet of chili mix has SO much sodium i always gain for a few days if i eat it. i know it's water weight but still...

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Jean(ie) said...

my kind of soup/chili... Today's a soup day. It's a cool day here in the PNW

Sandee said...

Oh this sounds so good and as for the okra? I love okra anyway you want to fix it. Yummy. We are so going to try this chili.

Have a terrific day. Big hugs honey. :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds really good. I'll have to try making that...maybe it'll be the maiden dish for my crock pot.

Not sure about the okra though. I've never tried okra so I think I may have someone experienced make it for me first.

Haley D. said...

I am making this chili today for my stamping gals tonight. Can't wait to try it! (The leftovers will be frozen for our upcoming camping trip.)