Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rainy day in Georgia

Don't you feel sorry for my babies? Poor thangs, being stuck inside, not chasing squirrels and no catching snakes.


Today was supposed to be lake clean up day with our local lake association. MM has gone to do his duty with the doughnut supply that had been purchased. What a guy!

At least it didn't rain on our rally Thursday. We did NOT want to move all that stuff to a different location, I can tell you.

My jammie day was perfectly wonderful and lazy. I finished "Ghost of Summer," a sweet, magical book by BSP sista Sally Berneathy. I am telling myself that I can't start another book until I get a few chores done first, but with this rain, I'm wanting to just curl up and read, read, read!

Who said it was good to be an adult??? Adults have to be responsible, prioritize, pay bills, balance the checkbook, do laundry...and the list goes on. But...and here is the good part...I can do it on my own schedule. I don't punch a time clock or have certain mandatory work hours. For that I am truly grateful.

And I have two furry assistants to (get in the way) help me.

Life is good, y'all. Smile, whatever you are doing!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Linda said...

It's a rainy day in Connecticut too though hopefully not with quite the same deluge that we had yesterday. I know we still need rain but not all at once - thank you!

I'm not really sure that being an adult is all that it's cracked up to be! That said, I guess that someone has to do it, huh?

Enjoy your reading whether you get to a few chores or not. After all, the chores will still be there tomorrow, right?

Barb said...

Well, it isn't raining in my part of Georgia... at least not yet anyway. And my gray babies have just come in from another adventure, ready to curl up for a well-deserved nap. I have a few more days before checkbook balancing and end of the month stuff. The only thing I really NEED to do today is go by the vets for prescription food and pick up some fruit. Other than that, read, read, read! YAY!

Enjoy your day, too! ...your way! big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

remember i had a "steve and jane" in podunk named tammy and keith. d#1 still has them. they are the best i have ever seen in the entire world!!!

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

You know sometimes you need more than one day to recoup. I'm just saying. Another jammie day sounds good to me.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from chilly but sunny California. :)