Sunday, March 4, 2012

Windy Sunday

 

croquet

The March winds are here in good form this morning ahead of a cold front.  MM is keeping watch on our awning and patio umbrella, just in case they need to be put away.  Rain later on. 

Yesterday was perfect for the croquet game.  It was a big crowd and everyone had fun.  MM and I won our two games.  I won’t brag about who the high scorer was.  Our partners there on the R were neat folks.  So was our instructor on the L.  All the officials (and members)  wear white.  I definitely did NOT wear white yesterday.  I knew better than to do that, not wanting to be confused with someone who knew what they were doing!

So I also re-strung three bracelets for a friend, and have a few more odd jobs to do before I can get creative again.  A sweet lady here in the park wants a simple brown bead bracelet, so she will get one.  She’s a honey and doesn’t get outside the park much, so this will give her some smiles.  I like that.

Have yourself a peachy day.  Life is good here in paradise, if we don’t get gone with the wind!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Miss Bee says you can't wear white after Labor anyway. :)

It's ch-chilly here, too. But thankfully, the sun has finally shown up. Sheesh. Got a snuggie? I do!

Enjoy your day! Big hugs xoxo

Barb said...

Labor DAY. sheesh.

Sandee said...

Sounds like yesterday was a great day. Good for you. I'm glad you had fun and it sounds like you outdid MM. I won't say anymore about that.

Have a terrific day and batten everything down so that wind won't hurt anything. Big hugs from cold but sunny California. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i love doing jewelry for someone special, gives me such a good feeling...

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Jean(ie) said...

Happy pack projects are the funnest.

Haley D. said...

Of course you didn't wear white. It's not Easter yet. Sounds like a fun weekend! We've changed our afternoon plans to stay INDOORS because it is chilly and windy here.

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!
I hope it didn't rain and that awing and umbrella are still there!
We had a mild temperature and did a long walk!
Life is good!!!

Big hugs!!!