Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rest in peace…

stained glass dove

Roger Watson

1948 – 2010

My sweet, annoying, irritating, lovable, funny brother-in-law lost his battle with diabetes and kidney disease yesterday.  He will be sorely missed, but he is healed and whole now.  Those of us left behind will miss his laughter and abundant love of life.  My heart aches for my sister Nan as she begins a new journey into widowhood, a place us gals don’t want to think about, much less visit.

So I am on the road heading to Albany today.  Dick will follow tomorrow in the moho…if the roads are free of their snowy burden, with Missy for company.

Life is short, my friends.  Enjoy each day, and be kind to one another.  Hugs to everyone…

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So young!

Hugs, Sandy... Love and prayers for you and your family.

ivana said...

Mia cara Sandy,
I'm so sad, but your words are so wise and gentle...a prayer for him and great partecipation for the family!
Big hugs!

Barb said...

I'm so sorry, Sandy. Remembering you, your sister and family in prayer.

Safe travels. Big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my gosh, he was two years younger than me! so sorry honey and hope your sister stays busy and finds her way. i don't want to think about that either.

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxox

Haley D. said...

Be careful and we will see you soon. Prayers for the entire family!

LAC said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your family can find peace.

Joy said...

My thoughts and prayers go with you, and an extra hug for Nan.

Linda said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Sandy, and my heart so goes out to your sister.

Safe travels to you and prayers to your family at this time of loss.

Sandee said...

I'm so sorry honey. Big hugs from cold California. :)

Sarge Charlie said...

oh my, so sorry about your brother, such a young man.

TG said...

Sandy, I was sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. He was so young! Take care and be careful traveling. Love and hugs!