Friday, October 15, 2010

National Cathedral

We had a date with the head verger to take us down to the crypts to pay our respects to two family members, where we discovered that Helen Keller is interred nearby in the same vault area! The girls were impressed with that, the official tour that followed, and the gift shop. This cathedral is a must-see for everyone. We stayed for evensong, but the girls were not impressed with the lack of singing for the congregation. Nothing like the brutal honesty of children.

All of us are now rolling south, heading for another treat--overnight @ my niece's house for cousins to get acquainted. Sweet!

Life is good. Make today special, y'all! We sure are.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

7 comments:

Sandee said...

How fun. A trip to remember forever.

Have a terrific day and weekend honey. Big hugs. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll have to google verger so I'll know what a head verger is... hahahaha! Sounds you're all having a blast!

My knee is better today. How's Dick's?

Enjoy your family visit! Big hugs :]

ivana said...

Ciao!!!
Great tour...I do travel too, tomorrow, we head an artistic town in Umbria!!! Città di Castello!
I hope we have good weather!!
The programm is verj interesting!!!

See you!!!

Hugs!!

Joy said...

I'm with the girls..."evensong" should have lots of SONGS! Have fun with your niece & family.

Zane D. Clark said...

Beautiful place. have a safe trip and good fun.

LIfe is goood!
z

Linda said...

The National Cathedral is definitely on my list of places I'd like to see one of these days - along with a lot of other places in DC that I didn't have anywhere near enough time to get to last year when we stopped by for one day. If only it weren't so darned expensive to stay down there for those of us who are moholess!

Sarge Charlie said...

it is good ms bell.......