Monday, October 4, 2010

Chilly Monday in Paradise!

We’ve got the heat on for the first time this morning, with it being 36 outside.  Brrr.  These chilly temps are necessary to ‘set’ the fall colors, and to get us a bit prepared for Old Man Winter.  Of course we’ll bail out and head south right after Christmas.  But still.

So Haley wants to know what a potato pearl is.  I tried several photos of the bracelet, but none of them get the details very well.  Sigh.  They are simply pearls that are potato shaped, as far apart in quality as cotton is to silk with all the grooves on some of them, but they appeal to my eye in their funkiness and to my wallet in price:

IMGP2068

I strung these pearls on gold wire so that it will be tough enough for daily wear.  If I want to wear it daily…and chances are good for that happening.  Jeans and pearls go together quite well. 

That’s your fashion tip for the day, y’all! 

Have a super Monday…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeans are pearls sound divine, UNLESS you change as many diapers a day as I do :) Have a great day. Love the bracelet.

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!
Thanks for your help!
I like stones, I get no authentic pearls, elas!
We must have heating mid october!
It's cool, sun and rain, fog in the morning...quite autumnal style!!!
Have a great week!
Hugs!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

beautiful! i tried to see, did you use a magic crimper for the crimp bead? i just love that little invention! the bracelet is lovely. i have been beading my head off! ha ha... sorry i'll miss you next week! rats.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I like them, too! And Jeans and Jewelry always go good together! Just saying.

I just saw Miss Bee's comment that you'll miss each other next week. That stinks! I'm having dinner with them Thursday and I can't wait to see them again!

Stay warm! Big hugs :]

Anonymous said...

I never heard them called that before, funny! Much better than fresh water pears. LOL!
We are a perfectly glorious 79 today with clear skys and open windows to fresh air. No heat and no AC. Love it!

Haley D. said...

Thanks for the explanation. They're really pretty, and I'm sure the picture doesn't even do them justice.

Sarge Charlie said...

I hope it warms up by Sunday.