Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

You might be a redneck...

...if your home has more miles on it than your car.

Since we left Mayberry on Sunday, we have racked up more miles on our moho than on the toad, so I guess we officially qualify as rednecks.

What is a toad, you ask? Or a towed? However you want to spell it. It is that vehicle that follows the moho wherever it goes...wherever it is TOWED! Get it? That's a little moho humor for you non-RVers.

Yesterday, we crossed the Texas panhandle and arrived in Santa Fe. We opted to stay at a campground in town that offered electricity, since our refrigerator was needing a boost. Our intended destination was a state park north of Santa Fe, but their only two electrical sites had been taken. We'll check out that park this morning and perhaps move up there.

We've thoroughly enjoying seeing all the various crops through the various states--rice, wheat, corn, soybeans. And we are grateful that we are not farmers ourselves. We sure wouldn't be having time to travel like this.

We finally have 'real' internet, so I shall be doing some blog reading. I've missed my buds!

I wish friend Julia a very happy birthday today. Big hugs, my friend...

Enjoy your day, y'all. It's time to be having some fun!

8 comments:

LAC said...

Haha, I didn't get it in your last post when you called it a Toad. That is too funny. We used to camp all the time when I was growing up. To me, camping always involved fishing! Two great activities.

Glad you are enjoying your travels.

Anonymous said...

Real electricity and real internet? Well, aren't you all fancy? hahahaha!

Al just bought a 1985 Winnegago on Craigs List. He's paying more to have it Toad here than he paid for the RV! He's heard me talk about you and Dick and Lois and Hank and he decided that might be something he'd enjoy so he's starting off with something small and inexpensive.

Of course it doesn't akshully run, but he is a mechanic, right? Can you say "Project"?

Have fun! Big hugs xo

Anonymous said...

We always joke that Mohos only carry a jeep toads. But I know y'all are the fancy exception.

I would guess with the heat out there, the fridge would need the boost.

I've never been to Santa FeI hear it's beautiful. Enjoy the landscape!

Anonymous said...

We always joke that Mohos only carry a jeep toads. But I know y'all are the fancy exception.

I would guess with the heat out there, the fridge would need the boost.

I've never been to Santa FeI hear it's beautiful. Enjoy the landscape!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

get some good mexican food honey!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

ivana said...

Oh...you run quickly!!!

Enjoy all beautiful and rich prairie, or the mountains...it's wonderful, to be free to choise his own travel, directions, towns!!!!

Have fun!!!

Ciao!!!
Photos?

Linda said...

What Bee said! And have some for me as I can't get good Mexican food here in the Northeast to save my life!

Santa Fe is a beautiful area and one I'd like to get back to one of these days as it's been years and years and years since I was there. Heck, it's probably totally changed but I bet it's still beautiful!

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Julia,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Have a terrific time honey. You are getting closer and closer to me. Still a long way away, but getting closer. Big hugs. :)