Thursday, June 3, 2010

Local excitement!



Happy Birthday, sweet Scooter boy!

This same boy gave us quite a scare last night. He is fine, let me say first thing, but it was feared that he had eaten a moth ball (spread around the tires of the fifth wheel camper to ward off critters). Jason called the poison control center (very helpful folks!), who recommended that Amy whisk Scooter to the ER while Jason did a water/salt test to first determine which type of moth ball it was (who knew there were two kinds?). This was the bad kind. The poison control guy alerted our ER of the situation ahead of Amy’s arrival, so they were ready. Scooter had to drink some charcoal that would attract any bad elements to either throw up or land in his diaper, and land it did. And will continue today.

I stayed with Doodlebug during all this, until the kids were safely back home just prior to the midnight strike signaling Scooter’s second birthday.

Man, we can do without this much excitement! And this is the very same boy who won’t eat yogurt with bits of fruit in it! We think he just SMELLED the nasty little moth ball, but obviously we could not take a chance that he had ingested anything bad. Amy will have fun scrapping about this adventure!

Monkey Macey still holds the family record for causing TWO calls to the poison control center in ONE day, when she was also about two years old.

Our family is far from dull!

7 comments:

Sandee said...

Good grief that was indeed a big scare. Boys get into stuff. They just do. Fearless little devils.

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Scooter,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

Barb said...

Oh, my goodness! That was askeery, Scooter. Please, don't do that ever again!

One of my 4 brothers had a thing about head injuries. And it was always his head. Christopher had all kinds of head traumas when he was little, but the funniest one (afterward, of course) was the rake tines in his skull.

Happy Birthday, Scooter!

Big hugs xo

Joy said...

For my little brother, it was falling and cutting his lip. Stitches more than once...
Put that Poison Control Center number on speed dial and hang on for the ride!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

oh bless his little heart! what a scare!

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

ivana said...

Buon compleanno piccolo Sccoter!!!!

You had a great adventure for your 2. birthday...but do not repeat it!!!

Ciao!!!

Big hugs!!!

Linda said...

Oh my gosh what a scare! Glad to hear that everything came out okay in the end (no pun intended!) and that there's a happy birthday in store than one spent in the ER!

Amanda got into her older brother's airplane model glue once when she was about the same age and when I took her to the emergency room at the Navy Hospital in New London (her father was still in the Navy at the time) I got a big lecture about being a bad mother for not watching her and they threatened to call the Department of Children and Family Services on me! Real nice, eh?

Happy Birthday, Scooter! Hope it's a happy one!

Haley D. said...

This is definitely the kind of excitement we can do without! I'm glad we didn't know about it until AFTER the fact! I'm especially thankful that all is well. You can never be too careful.