Friday, September 25, 2009

Little cabin in the woods...

So this is the cabin at old LaPrade's Camp where we stayed back in the '70s. The restaurant was immediately behind where we are parked, looking at the cabin. The only thing left of it is the basement, with burnt rubble piled on top of it. Really sad that the old wide porch filled with rocking chairs is gone. It was peaceful, just sitting and rocking and enjoying the view...and anticipating the family-style food that was being prepared.
And that view from the old porch is now this...the new, fancy restaurant that is sitting across the road, right on the shores of Lake Rabun.
With that bucket sink inside. And pretty views. Minus the rocking chairs.
I wonder if their fried chicken and biscuits are any good in this new place? Maybe we'll go check it out some day, and begin a new tradition with the grandchildren.
Happy Friday, y'all. Make it a special weekend.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

no rocking chairs??? duhr...

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

What a cute little place!

Joy said...

They should have kept the rocking chairs - or at least gotten new ones! I never went to the "old" LaPrades but my ex-husband's family used to go there so I've heard of it. Their food was legendary! I didn't even realize they'd reopened, I wish them luck - but rocking chairs are a good thing, they need some!

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!

Really a roantic place!
I'ld appreciate the food too!!!
Hae a great Week End!!!

Sandee said...

It's indeed a beautiful place. I do hope the food is good too so you can keep the tradition going.

Have a terrific day and weekend honey. Off to the boat for us. Big hugs. :)

Amazing Gracie said...

What a beautiful place. It looks so peaceful and serene. I'd be content to sit in a rocking chair looking out for colorful birds in flight, with a hot cup of coffee or iced tea, depending on the time of year.
And I live in a desert. I know heaven will be so glorious that I am content to wait...
Love and blessings,
Gracie

Linda said...

They most definitely need some rocking chairs to sit and look at that view from.

For some reason, I now want fried chicken ... hmmm ...

Haley D. said...

Mmm, such yummy food and good memories! They definitely need to add some rockers to the new place. Anyone ready for a road trip?