Thursday, January 15, 2009

Carnival Valor - Day 5 - St. Maarten, NA

So this was us in '07 when we visited here with friends Jim and Janet and stayed in a condo. We are at the famed Sunset Beach Bar, with the airport seen in the background. Topless women drink for free here! I paid for my own beer, thank you very much!!!
And these are street vendors in Marigot...
...although we didn't venture over there. We had never walked around the dock area where the ships dock, so that is all we did and then went back to the ship for a relaxing afternoon. I did find Miss M's request, and I think she'll like what I got for her:-)
So what are y'all doing on this sunny (for us) Thursday? Snow is expected back in Mayberry, poor babies! I'm not sorry to miss that. Friday and Saturday are sea days, so we'll be doing more ship exploring. We'll go say HI to Ron at the piano bar for Big Ed of the Evil Crew (Bloggers' Cruise). Life is good!!!

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

are you having fun? i want to be there too! how is the cake? the shows? do you like the ship? argh..... talk to me! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xxxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

Have a blast you two. I love the bar story about being topless and drinking for free. Does that include us old broads? Bwahahahahaha. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Have a terrific time in the sun. Big hug. :)

Barb said...

Oh, doesn't that just look like Heaven? Snow in Mayberry? Extend your cruise!