Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy birthday, #1 daughter!

The tall gal is 36 today. Happy birthday, honey! How can she be that old? It wasn't terribly long ago that I got out of bed to experience my water breaking...and Dick rushed me to the hospital.......where this gal took her own sweet time in arriving about 10p that night. She was worth every contraction and stretch mark (as were the two who followed...thankfully a few years apart!). And now look what we are blessed with...

These two wee g/daughters spent the night with us last night...Dick and I took them out for pizza...yumm...stayed up late watching "Enchanted"...perfect little girl movie:-) Grumps opted not to watch it...no surprise there. And today was play dress-up time! All of my old petticoats and square dance outfits make lovely play clothes for two little girls. And high heels that I no longer wear had little feet slapped in them so they could clomp around and make lots of noise prancing about. They had a ball making a mess, but that's perfectly OK. We've had fun, and that is what life is all about...family, friends and fun. Tonight we'll gather together as a huge family to celebrate this special day. Life doesn't get any better than that, y'all!

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh you are so right!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Joy said...

Well, I tried to leave you comments the past couple of days at work but we've been having trouble with pages not loading - so my oh-so-wise and appropriate comments are floating around in cyberspace somewhere...and I've forgotten what they were!
Anyway, I know you had a great time with the girls (I want to watch that movie!) and will have a good time with their mom today.
Hugs,
Joy

Haley D. said...

Thanks for having me!!!!! :) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like our 28/38 numbers much better than the lies you're spewing here. ;)