Friday, November 28, 2014

Turkey and all the trimmings

MM attacking the turkey:



Logan bought an infrared cooker and this was its maiden try out--no oil, healthy cooking. Boy, was that bird both moist and tasty. I brought home the carcass and am making a big pot of soup for tonight. Yum! The house is smelling mighty good.




We had all the usual Thanksgiving menu items, and everything was delish, as usual. Everyone brought a dish...or three. Haley had it all organized quite well (no surprise there). Maybe she will do it again next year, now that she is so experienced?!

Not to let Mother Nature be outdone by the Halloween flurries, we also got a sprinkling in honor of turkey day. And it is cold today! If this keeps up, MM and I will be seeking some warm weather before Santa arrives! Brrr...

I feel for the folks without power in New England. Maybe Mayberry isn't so cold after all!

Today, I am especially grateful for electricity...fleece, and warm socks...and soup!

Stay warm, y'all!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Yesterday afternoon it was short sleeve weather here. It's cold when the sun goes down and takes some time to warm up during the day, but we are having some mild weather.

Looks like you had a great day yesterday. I'm so happy for you. I know how much family means to you.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the fur-babies. ♥♥♥

Barb said...

My sister Tina was without power for a looong time. Luckily, her good friends down the street have a generator so they were still able to cook Thanksgiving dinner and were warmed by the wood stove. They managed, as any New Englander worth their salt would do.

Dinner looks awesome, and I love the big island. I also noticed the Longaberger. ;)

Stay fleecy warm. I am also making soup today, but not turkey - Pasta Fagioli here!

big hugs xoxo

Joy said...

I've been reading about those "oil free turkey fryers", glad to know it worked well. I know it was wonderful to have the family all together. My three were finally all under one roof yesterday, and did I think to get a picture? No, darn it. But it was glorious all the same.

Haley D. said...

It was a wonderful time together! Many hands make light work and delicious dinners.