Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mt. Rainier

We packed our picnic lunch and headed to the mountain yesterday under sunny skies. We were not disappointed, entering the park in the SW corner, shaded by majestic old trees that smelled like Christmas. Srsly. Douglas fir trees, laden with green moss...ferns galore on the forest floor...but not the first critter anywhere. Bugger.





We stopped at the visitor's center, but the power was out, so the park movie was not possible to see. Stuff happens, and we roll with it.

It was a good day. The sleeping giant remained asleep, and for that we were grateful.

We head south again today, meeting Jim and Carol on the Oregon coast. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. And two deer were by the CG entrance as we left, I'm sure wishing us safe travels!

Poking along...and enjoying life on the road. WYWH!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Sandee said...

Beautiful country. Hubby and I need to explore Oregon/Washington one of these days.

Have a safe trip honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I SO wanna hike Mount Rainier someday...

Joy said...

I love that the forest smelled like Christmas. Glad a couple of deer came out to see you off. Two young bucks crossed the road in front of me this afternoon as I went up the hill to get mail at my Dad's house. That surprised me, I usually see does. It was nice to see them, though. Happy travels to Oregon.

Jean(ie) said...

Did you get to play in the snow???? When we were there at the end of June there was still one lake that was frozen over.

Barb said...

Just lovely. I'll just admire it in pictures though. I prefer my traveling to be somewhere, anywhere really, in the turquise waters of the Caribbean.

And some New England-y stuff, too. ;)

Enjoy! big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what an amazing trip!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo