Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cool Coulee

Good morning from the Grand Coulee Dam area...as we roll west.

We checked out the dam yesterday. It is big...and supplies power to a huge area along with providing fishing, recreation, and other benefits.

There is a nightly laser show, starting at 10, so went back and enjoyed that presentation. It didn't photo well. Use your imagination, or google the dam for more info.

This is a high desert area. Translation: few trees, and acres of sage brush filled hills. And a farming area. Wheat appears to be the main crop. We just spied two deer with nice racks near the road.



So now we are just killing time and avoiding fire areas, waiting for our Sunday date with friends near Seattle. It has drizzled on us all morning. They need all the rain they can get.

Miles and smiles, y'all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Sandee said...

The laser show is awesome. Yes indeed. I would have went back too.

Are you going to visit Jean? Just wondering.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Barb said...

I was wondering about Jean, too. ;) Glad you're staying safe and having a good time. I don't remember the last time I stayed up until 10, although I had a little pizza party last night and somehow managed to stay up until 9. VERY late for me. haha.

big hugs xoxo

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy
Long roads to go...have a safe and funny "cruise" through the States!!!


Big hugs, honey!!!

Joy said...

Glad you got to visit the dam and to enjoy the light show. More adventures await, I'm sure!