Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bar view

Good morning from Barview, OR, where it is sunny and cool, looking across the jetty.



We parked next to Jim and Carol, grabbed our jackets and headed to dinner...that was mediocre, but hey, we didn't have to cook it.

The spot we are in is dry camping, and it has the best view in this city park. Strange way to run a park! There is a US Coast Guard watch tower next to us, so we have enjoyed seeing a bit of CG activity around us (MM served 4 years in CG aviation).

The jetty has been surprisingly quiet, with little boat traffic to entertain us. Bugger.

MM is checking his camping apps to find us a place to camp further south. We need to be in place somewhere before the busy weekend starts. He and Carol have been comparing apps and info...this from a recent flip phone convert! He cracks me up...yes, I am easily entertained.

A small boat is going out...and I see a bit of fog rolling in. The landscape changes rapidly here. Interesting. We love being on the water!

I'm sure we will find some neat places today. WYWH, y'all!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Sandee said...

How fun. I've never been there before and I lived in Oregon during my growing up years.

We are headed to the boat this afternoon for the weekend. We too are getting settle before everyone else shows up.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Joy said...

Pretty spot!

Barb said...

You need the mediocre ones to help you fully appreciate the awesome ones, right? Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;)

Enjoy! big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it looks good to me. it's mid 90's here with no a/c yet. maybe tomorrow... sigh.

smiles, bee
ooxxoxoxo