Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sweet KC




Back home from seeing the vet, and lightening the wallet a bunch. KC endured the leg shave (two wounds), then an Epsom's salt soaking and an antibiotic injection. They were amazed at what a good boy he was...no surprise to me. He IS a good boy!

We have no idea what he tangled with, but there is a bit of an infection because he has a fever. One wound is right at the joint, which is why he doesn't want to put weight on it.

I have to give him oral meds, soak his leg 3X/day, and take his temp (won't that be fun) and call the office with an update on Friday. If the temp has come down, he won't have to go in. He needs to be weight bearing by Tuesday, or he goes back in.

That boy is grounded--NO going outside...at least till healed. Dr. Mom will be busy.

We are now down to 3 mallard chicks and not happy about that. Nature can be cruel, that is for sure.

Amy and I will be cleaning the pontoon boat this afternoon, trying to get ahead of the expected rain.

Whoever wants to join our funfest, come on.

Life is good, y'all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Sandee said...

I figured KC would end up at the vets. I know you two too well to know you'll make sure your babies are healthy. Bless his heart. I hope he gets well soon.

Sorry about the mallard chicks. Yes nature can be so cruel.

I'd help with cleaning the pontoon boat, but I'm way too far away to be of much help.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs and special healing scritches to KC. ☺

Barb said...

We've lost all of our littlest goosies. Breaks my heart, every one of them, every time.

I don't envy you the temperature taking thing, for sure. Luckily, my vet is about 1/4 mile away and I'd bring them to him rather than fight the Gs. After ll I went through with Whitey last year, fighting me SO HARD on every med, I decided from now on I'd just let the vet do it. They don't fight the vet? Me? I have battle scars from trying and not succeeding. They sure are a mess, aren't they? Bless their hearts.

Big sympathetic hugs from this kitty Momma. xoxo

Haley D. said...

We're relieved it's no worse!

Jean(ie) said...

Hope he continues to improve!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

be there in a few weeks! and a boat ride would be lovely...

smiles, bee
xoox

Joy said...

If I weren't busy with my own funfest, I'd come join yours! Hope KC continues to live up to that "good"label as he recovers. Oral meds and cats is usually not a fun combination. Can MM use his magic temperature sensing gizmo to take KC's temp?