Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sweet peeps

Father’s Day celebration (again) for marvelous Maytag Man, minus 4 munchkins.  No wonder it was so quiet!  Hey, Logan, why are you hiding?FD 6.13
So after a long day of going here and there and doing stuff yesterday, I plopped myself down in the massage chair, put a throw pillow on my lap, and put the iPad on it to catch up on emails while getting a back massage.  Missy promptly joined me (note to visitors:  she expects to sit in the lap of anyone using the massage chair) and settled herself down on the pillow, never mind that I had to move the iPad to make room for her.  It was expected.
KC was out lounging on the deck, but at the first crack of a thunder bumper, he ran inside…and by the second loud noise, he jumped up and moved Missy over to make room for his not-so-dainty hiney.  I have two fraidy cats, for sure:
Fraidy cats
Deal with it…they say.  And so I did.  Bless their loveable hearts.
Today is the big land sale where Mowing Man has been working, putting in 10-12 hours of work these past few weeks.  Hopefully he will be able to sleep in tomorrow and get some much-needed rest.  He said he has lost 15 pounds.  What a diet!
That’s life in Mayberry, y’all!

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

fraidy cats! too funny! roche' is one too...

smiles, bee
xoox

Jean(ie) said...

LOL @ fraidy cats. Hope MM gets to rest after this.

Joy said...

Sweet kitties know where the safe place is! Hope the land sale is going well -we have a beautiful morning for it!

Sandee said...

You have two mighty hunting cats. Ask them. I'm just saying.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from sunny California. ☺

Barb said...

15 pounds? Goodness! That's a lot of sweating. I hope he's staying hydrated!

Gandalf is my thunderstorm warner. He finds his hidey hole lng before we ever hear the first thunderboomie. And all 3 cats were hiding during the yard sale... and stayed hidden until 5 mintes ago... about an hour and a half after eeryone left. Can't be too careful, ya know.

Have another massage! I wish someone could massage my knee. I'm getting quite weary of it. srsls. and bugger.

Have a lovely day.