Thursday, June 13, 2013

Marketing strategy and other stuff

Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

That is sooo true.  I wanted to replace a tube of lipstick that I liked.  Guys can stop reading NOW.  You gals know how hard it is to find and KEEP a shade that works.  When the tube is on its last application and you dutifully try to find the exact shade, it is nowhere available.  Something "better" has replaced it.  Right...NOT.  This applies to many products.  What are they thinking???

I feel better now.

So yesterday I needed the dishpan from the cabinet under the laundry room sink, and discovered it almost full of water, which majorly splashed out when I grabbed it!  Emptying and cleaning everything was so not on the agenda, but that is what had to be done.  I have a lot of vases stored under there; they all needed to be washed.  Nice paper and plastic bags had to be tossed. A big wet MESS...but no more!

And MM doesn't have the time or energy to deal with it right now.  The dishpan is empty and back under the drain, and I'll try not to use the sink.    MM's got himself a good, and understanding, woman!

So what is going on and where are we going, you ask.  Well, we are flying to W Palm Beach to attend MM's class reunion!  The weather is looking good for tomorrow, the kitty sitter is lined up, and we are excited about seeing lots of "old" friends.

Now I need to pack, but first...I have a lunch date with two wee boys.

Life is never dull in Mayberry, y'all!






5 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

I totally get the lipstick dilemma. Drives me nuts. Sorry to hear about the leak. We dealt with that staff a few months ago. Not fun.

Enjoy lunch with the boys and safe travels to Florida!

Barb said...

Oh, I absolutely HATE it when that happens. I used a certain feminine product my whole life... until they stopped making it. I was srsly NOT happy. But thankfully, after a few months it just didn't matter any more. =)

I did email them a letter though.

And back in the days of being a doggie Momma I had used the same treats for decades and they went and changed the formula and my dogs hated it. I emailed them, too. Got a standard thank you for contacting us blah blah blah...

Then 6 months later lo and behold what's on the shelf? Yup, they went back to their original formula. Everybody's dogs must've hated the "new and improved".

The end.

hahaha!

Have a fab flight and visit! big hugs xoxo

Sandee said...

I don't wear lipstick so I don't have this problem. I do understand your marketing strategy though. Oh yes I do.

Sorry about the leak. If that happened here we would call for a repairman. Hubby is not good at fixing things. He can start and win a small war, but can't fix much.

How fun. We don't go to our reunions and I only went to my 20th.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from sunny California. ☺

Joy said...

The dishpan will take care of things until MM has had some R'nR!
I'm with you on the lipstick thing. They quit making my fav color several years ago. And a couple of years before that my VERY fav eyeshadow color was no longer available. I still miss that one! Surely I wasn't the only person in the world who loved it...anyway, hope you can find a good "2nd choice". And have a WONDERFUL weekend.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh gosh sorry about the leak honey! wpb is beautiful now, perfectly hot and sunny... come on down!

smiles, bee
xoxo