Sunday, June 9, 2013

Scottish Festival stuff




Plaids and kilts galore at the Scottish Games and Festival yesterday, but no Jamie Fraser in sight anywhere. Bugger. There was plenty of food, bagpipes, music, vendors and people everywhere. I ran into Joy and her cousin Christy for a brief chat.

I searched the vendors, looking for a Hamilton sash to purchase as nod to my possible Scottish connection, but only found an Ancient plaid, which is too orange for my liking so I resisted buying. This vibrant Modern plaid is much prettier and would have come home with me:



So I shall keep searching. Hmm, I notice there is a similarity between the Hamilton and Fraser tartans...

I wound up helping for awhile in the admissions booth with some friends before heading home. It felt good to prop up my feet...and begin a new book.

Later, MM and I met our camping club for pizza, then took them all out for a sunset boat ride.

Today promises to be another great day in paradise. How are you spending your day? I am going to a bridal shower.

Life is good, y'all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Sandee said...

How fun. Wish I could have gone with you.

Today we're just hanging around the house. It's been a quiet weekend and we don't get many of those.

Have a fantastic day honey. Big hugs from sunny California. ☺

Haley D. said...

Thanks for letting me do laundry @ your house! Dinner tonight will definitely be more fun than chores.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sounds lovely! my day too. shopping, crafting for roche' and swimming! couldn't be better than that.

smiles, bee
xoxo

Barb said...

Fun! Sorry they didn't have quite what you wanted. The sunrise boat ride sounds especially wonderful!

I did some more culling and went to BWTB. That's my daughterly duty for the next few months! haha!

Have a lovely day in Paradise. big hugs xoxo