Saturday, October 13, 2012

Overloaded and Saturday stuff

When I opened the kitchen cabinet yesterday, this storage shelf was not a pretty sight…hanging at an odd angle, with stuff falling over everywhere.  A brace had had too much of a load!

shelf

Being the smart wife that I am, I unloaded everything before telling MM that I needed his help.  He’s got himself a good woman!  Do you think it was overloaded?  Naw!  It was just underbuilt!

stuff

MM removed the shelf, glued some wood strips under it, screwed them in, beefed up the side braces, and then we had to leave it to dry overnight.

Everything is neatly put back in place.  Thanks, honey!  You rock!!!

And now back to the regularly scheduled cleaning and moving more stuff—chairs, tables—next door to the fire pit.  My BSP group (hubbies included) is coming over for a poker run/weenie roast at 4.  Joan and I have been working hard setting it up this week.   We will send 5 teams out to 7 different places (they have to figure out the clues we give them).  Each team will retrieve 1 envelope and bring it back no later than 6p.  Prizes to the team with the best poker hand, and for the least mileage recorded.

Joan and I will stay by the bonfire and drink a little wine and nibble on some munchies.  Yep, that’s the plan.

Who wants to join us?  Bring a side dish and come over!

Life is good in these cool mountains, y’all!

5 comments:

Haley D. said...

I may be sitting right with you two lovely ladies! I had a pantry experience Thursday morning: something black was oozing out from under one of the cans and had spread. NOT how I wanted to spend my time before school!

Sandee said...

I wish I was there honey. I'd be sipping wine with the rest of you lovely ladies.

I'm happy you got your storage area fixed. MM is a mighty handy guy to have around and he does have an excellent wife too. Just saying.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from sunny and warm Benicia. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

he is so handy! i love that!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

I'd be sitting and sipping with you and Joan. :)

Wine's a side dish, right?

MM is very handy dandy for sure! I'm doing some online scouting out trying to find the best solutions for some re-organizing in my cabinets. We are not using the space to its full potential... not even close.

Hope you all had fun fun fun! big hugs xoxo

ivana said...

Cara Sandy!

You know the strategy in the household, MM does not know, how things happen..nor what the wives combine in the kitchen!

Have a lovely and funny week!!!
Big hugs