Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sammy the snake!

As if the early morning baby mole in the house wasn’t enough excitement for the day, Missy next brought in this critter:

IMGP2037

Ewww…I don’t like snakes, especially in the house!  I knew it was a simple, harmless black snake, but puhleese…not inside!!!  I think he was pretty stunned himself, because he wasn’t moving much, so I quickly got the dust mop and shook it in his face.  He latched on to one of the strings and I promptly took him outside and dumped him on the ground, hoping to never see him inside again.

That would be a WRONG assumption on my part!  Missy brought this slow learner back inside later in the afternoon, but Dick was home and he played MY HERO and took the snake outside, even further away from the house.  Hopefully Mr. Sammy has smartened up a bit and will slither off into the woods.  And stay there.  Sheesh!

So today will find us back at our church after being away for so long, then I am going to a card making party at Haley’s house for the afternoon, having some creative fun with my gal pals.

Go out and do something today that makes you happy, y’all!

10 comments:

Haley D. said...

MISSY! No snakes in the house! You know she is just excited to be able to hunt after all those months in the moho. Few critters dared enter her domain there, so now she can go out and conquer the world. She is quite the mighty hunter!

Anonymous said...

ewww! I would run! We currently have a trapped mouse in our kitchen (lives behind the stove) but our cat, I hope, is taking care of that. But I won't go into the kitchen without making a ton of noise first!

Sarge Charlie said...

NO SNAKES

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ewww missy, NOOOOOO...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

Ack! Missy, that's a No-No, honey! Snakes are Outside toys!

Gandalf used to bring me birds and squirrels and lizards... until a year ago June when I stopped letting them outside. Now all I get are frogs, hornets and lizards that somehow find their way into the screened patio. Much better.

Big hugs :]

Anonymous said...

Missy needs better toys...
Have fun at the paper party!

ivana said...

Missy wished to bring you her gift, or her booty!
I hate snakes, i cannot see them, I cry loud!!!
Have a great Sunday with your friends in the Church and at Haley's house!!!

Hugs!!!

Linda said...

I think I'd have had a cardiac moment despite the fact that Amanda had a couple of snakes for pets for awhile there. I just never really got used to the critters ...

Joy said...

You were quite kind to the snake, hopefully Missy won't find him again!

LAC said...

Unfortunately I had to zero out my google reader to get caught up. But not before I saw this post. and EWWWWWwW! I would have freaked. I'd be standing on a piece of furniture, baby in hand and screaming for hubby. That would be my first reaction. My second reaction would be to drop something on it. Sorry, I just cannot tolerate snakes or spiders. So cliche.