Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Veendam Day 5 – BA!

Buenos dias! The plan for today, back when I was setting up these daily blogs, was to send a live photo today from BA using my crackberry, since we are here all day. Since I couldn’t get international data service down here, that idea went down the tube.

So here is a live update instead! Yesterday, Dick, Janet and I left Jim onboard nursing some hip pains (he had a replacement done recently and overdid using it, thinking he was good as new after so short a while…wrong!). We caught the shuttle in to town, then got on the Hop on/Hop off bus (HoHo bus for short). That took us all the way around and through the city, for well over two hours. Photos will follow later on the ivylog blog.

Today’s plan is for Dick and Jim to ride the HoHo bus, while Janet and I walk around the shopping district and poke our noses in the stores. Sounds like a plan to me!

Our onboard entertainment tonight is The Best of Argentina, Tango and More, so we’ll get our tango fix tonight after sailing. Another good plan! No worries that our two boys will be trying that out.

The weather is perfect—low 70s—and the sun is shining. Life is good!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HoHo Bus sounds fun! Well, as I often say, it is good to have a plan, just be prepared to adjust it!

Day 9 already? Really?

Big Hus ♥xo

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!
It's a good plan!!!
Wonderful city!!!
Have fun!!!!

Hugs!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sounds lovely! i have started packing. aero posted today and it made me so sad that he is stuck in iraq and can't be with us... but it looks like everyone else will be there this year.

hugs to you both!
bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Sandee said...

How fun. I'd love to be some place warm right now. We are having a very cold time in central California. Very cold.

Enjoy every moment. I know you will. Big hugs. :)

Joy said...

Nice to have a live update! Continue to enjoy the ride.

Linda said...

A live update is very nice!! Sounds like you're having a marvelous time and lots of fun. Continue to do so!!

Debora Quigley said...

sandy- I can't wait to hear about this one. This is my dream..the kids are all gone...cruise!

Haley D. said...

Sounds like a great plan! I can't wait to see the two of you demonstrate the tango steps you learn. You and Janet will probably be the two. ;) Ole!