Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

May 2010 be the bestest year yet!

Now, is that 'twenty, ten' or is it 'two-thousand and ten'? Or just 'ten'? You decide. We'll be hearing it all. I like brevity, so I'll skip that 'thousand' stuff and keep it simple.

And we'll be joining friends for black-eyed peas, collard greens and cornbread, traditional Southern food eaten on New Year's Day, said to bring good luck and prosperity in the new year to those who consume it. We'll take no chance...consume we will!

Life is good! Count your blessings, y'all!!!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Do you think if I LIKED collards and ate more than one bite, I'd actually have more greenbacks in the coming year? Just wondering...I manage to choke down one bite every year because I don't want to leave the green out entirely! See you this afternoon.

ivana said...

FELICE ANNO NUOVO!!!

I prepared lentils, they should bring luck and money!!!!
I wish Health, Serenity, Love in the New Year!!!

Hugs!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

collards are my very favorite!!! especially those pokunk ones after the first frost! mmmmm. happy new year, see you soon!

smiles, bee
xooxoxxooxoxxo

Linda said...

I think I'm going with twenty-ten, though that may change halfway through!

Best wishes for the happiest of new years with blessings and good memories galore!