Monday, August 3, 2015

Ready to tow and go!

 

Moho Prius tow bar

Check out MM’s latest project.  Those ramps (which have been a tad modified since this photo) is what I will use to drive the Prius up onto that metal cradle where the front tires will sit, making the ramps pop up under the car frame.  And out of the way.

The metal frame pivots, making it possible to BACK UP the car when needed.  Yes, that feature is needed.  Trust me.  The Prius sits low, so MM added those cute little wheels to make sure the car doesn’t bottom out anywhere, and makes it all track better anyway.  I think. 

Moho, Prius tow

When we get to a campground and unhook, this apparatus then is flipped UP, clamped, with those ramps hanging down out of the way…and I drive the car to the campsite.  Easy peasy:

Moho new tow bar

We will have to christen this new invention soon on a shake-down trip, preferably to somewhere not having temps in the 90s!  And when my guy feels better.  He had draining sinuses all of a sudden yesterday afternoon, bless his heart.  He woke up this morning with a headache, still drippy nose, and feeling pretty yucky.  I am keeping my distance from his germs…with love, of course…and thoughts of chicken soup.

Hello, Monday in Mayberry!  Tomorrow will be a better day, so sez Miz Scarlett. 

Nurse Sandy over and out…wish Missy and me luck with our patient!

8 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

A brilliant job Sandy. I could never figure out how to do something like that. I tell people that I'm just a teacher who enjoyed the love of English, History, Geograhy, Music and Art but when it came to anything mechanical, forget it. I wish I could do things that. I admire people that can do things like the one that your husband did. You are lucky to have a guy like that.
Have a wonderful Monday Sandy. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Sandee said...

We all knew he'd figure this out and figure it out he did. Excellent. Now he needs to get well. Nothing worse than sinus issues when it's hot.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

LAC said...

Pretty impressive! Time to get on Shark Tank and make millions. :) After the drippy nose stops. Hope he feels better fast.

Jean(ie) said...

Hugs to MM, dripping sinuses and all. Hope the shakedown cruise goes well and this holds up with rigorous use. I'm sure it was my suggestion of hydraulic thingies and duct tape that gave him inspiration. Bwahahahaha!

Cruisin Paul said...

Sandy, the song that you're referring is

The Four Seasons - December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)

Now you rest and not go crazy thinking about what the heck is that song.

See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Haley D. said...

Looks good! I can't wait to see it in action, but with the sniffles I will view from afar. I hope he gets lots of vitamin C and rests up!

Barb said...

Looks like a peach of piece of ingenuity! MM sure is one handy feller! Will there be film at 11?! :)

Hope the sniffles is just bothersome allergies and not that bugger of a cold going around these parts. So far, we haven't caught that nasty bugger. We have an overnight visit with a certain sisterdear and her grands in the land of Disney in a couple of weeks so I hope it stays far, far away from us!

mmm... homemade soup sounds yummy. Perhaps I;ll make some today!

big hugs xoxo

Joy said...

Looks great, I hope the patent has been applied for! And I hope that MM gets over this summer cold in a hurry. I brought a bit of one back from the beach, am giving it lots of Vitamin C and rest (raspberry Emergen-C, anyone?) and hopefully it will leave me soon, too.