Friday, August 14, 2015

Bake me a cake...





While my assistant naps, I shall be playing BettyDamnCrocker by baking my fabulous Triple Chocolate Cake. My mouth is drooling already.

Normally I don't like to fire up the oven when the A/C is on, but a special occasion is calling--namely, the family reunion mentioned yesterday.

No way would this southern gal dare show up to this family gathering with a store-bought confection. Heavens to Betsy, my dear Mother would be aghast at such a fundamental faux pas. Ain't happening! No way.

MM will probably show up in time to lick the bowl. He has a way of managing that timing. And for showing up just when the last grocery bag is already removed from the car.

That's life in Paradise today, always made better by a little bit of chocolate.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Sandee said...

The cake sounds mighty good. Chocolate is a good thing to bring to any gathering.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and my very best to the babies. ♥♥♥

Barb said...

I am going to make that cake one of these days! There are a few things that make everything better - chocolate, cheese, gravy and wine! :D

Enjoy your day! xoxo

Jean(ie) said...

I've had that cake and I know it's a good one! Yum! Safe travels South and have fun!