Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Motor City concert

 

Motor City

Last night, MM and I went to a fabulous toe-tapping Motor City concert with Bill, Barbara, Don and Leslie.  The auditorium holds about 1,200 folks, and it was about 90% full. 

The band consisted of two keyboards, two electric guitars, a (great) sax, and drums (played by a kid that appeared to barely have his driver’s license).  They were great.

And the singers—oh boy, were they awesome.  Five guys singing a variety of the great songs out of Motown, mainly by The Temptations, The Four Tops, Smokey Robinson, and Marvin Gaye.

Who can listen to “My Girl” and not tap those toes?  Or dance?

The Temptations are known for more than great songs.  They are known for their choreography, distinctive harmonies, and flashy wardrobe.  Last night’s group did not disappoint in any department.

Bo Henderson, a previous lead singer of The Temptations, was one of the five singers.  Oh my—what a voice!  The evening was over all too soon, but…….Bo invited everyone who want to to come down to visit and pose for photos with the gang, and all five singers sat down on the edge of the stage…….and stayed till (I assume) the last person wanting to visit got a visit.  Very impressive!  Bill, Barbara, and Don all went down for a photo op (we couldn’t get a good photo of that, but the singers are over my shoulder, all in red jackets).  I think I was encouraging Bill to get up and go on down there!

Motor City Sandy

Who says I talk with my hands? 

Bill is gonna be smiling for a week after shaking hands with these guys!  Plus, he picked up some new techniques for his (many) karaoke gigs.

Life is always better when we add a little soul music to our hearts, right? 

Can I get an Amen?  Dial up some tunes today, and tap away, y’all!

3 comments:

Sandee said...

I would have loved to go with you to hear this. I love good soul music. Yes indeed.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh that sounds wonderful! if you get a chance to see "under the streetlight" be sure to, they are great doing the jersey boys!

smiles, bee
xoxo

Barb said...

Love Love LOVE the oldies... 40's, 50's, 60's and even some of the 70's, but they pretty much lost me in the 80's. And don't even get me started on that rap crap.

Love me some great music! So glad you all got to enjoy them.

big hugs xoxo