Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy St. Valentine’s Day

image001

I treated my sweetie to a healthy bowl of hot oatmeal, steel-cut oats cooked with an apple, raisins, and pecans…in bed, with coffee delivered as well. Lucky guy.  It tasted mighty good on this chilly morning.

He offered to take me out for a late lunch.  Deal.  We don’t want to fight the crowds tonight at the local restaurants, so lunch out suits us just fine and dandy.

This chilly day gives me the chance to wear my red sox with hearts all over them.  MM calls me the Socks Queen (yes, I do pretty much have socks for all the holidays, don’t you?!), so my toesies will be toasty today.  If I can’t wear flip flops, my socks will be styling!

Smiles, hearts, love, and hugs…Spread the cheer, y’all.  Cupid rules!!!

Heart-20&-20Arrow-202

8 comments:

Haley D. said...

Happy Valentine's Day! We love you!

Sandee said...

What a nice thing to do for Dick. I'm sure he appreciated it too.

The late lunch is a great idea. We never go out on Valentines Day because of the crowds. We're at a yacht club this weekend so we'll be having dinner here, but the number is set and no one else can come. That works.

Have a fabulous Valentines Day you two and yes your socks rock. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. :)

Barb said...

You are Queen of Quite a Lot, no doubt! ;)

Hope you both had a HVD! big hugs xoxo

Beate said...

That sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)
Sending big hugs to you!

Joy said...

Sounds like a fun day, socks and all.

Jean(ie) said...

Sounds like it was the perfect deal. We had our date Friday night.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope you had a Valentine's Day!!

LAC said...

Sounds like a great way to celebrate! We had hoped for Breakfast, but time didn't allow. I was however, treated to some desserts off the Schwan's truck for Valentine's day. ROFL! That's my hubby for you, nothing if not opportunistic.

Hmm, if I had socks for every holiday no one would ever know. I have a quirk about not wearing shoes that allow you to see my socks. No one ever sees my socks, except on the rare occasion I wear sneakers with capris or shorts in the summer. And then, I might even go sockless!!! Strange, I am!