Sunday, November 3, 2013

Proud grandparents!




Macey got to participate in Young Harris College's Tri-state Honor Band clinic yesterday. About 230 middle schoolers from 26 area schools performed in one of three fantastic bands. They all received their music at 9:30 in the morning, then performed for family and friends at 5:00. Macey had a small solo in one of her group's three numbers.

What does she play? Percussion. And loves it.




We are especially proud of our girl, but also for all these amazing, young students.

Oh the places they will go.

Blessed. Absolutely!

Life is good in Mayberry, y'all. Have yourselves a ginger peachy Sunday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

Barb said...

How marvelous! WTG, everyone!

I wish I had learned to play an instrument. Srsly. As musical as our family is I can't imagine, or for the life of me remember, why I didn't.

My talent might be being a slave to my dogs and now cats. Queen of the Litter Box... I am. hahaha!

Have another fabulous day in Mayberry. big hugs xoxo

Sandee said...

How fun and you should be proud. You so support all of your family and it shows.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!

Wowwww!!!
Macey is a splendid signorina...and you have to be prod of her!!!

Congratulations!!!

Big hugs, honey!

Joy said...

Oh, the places they will go -so very true! So proud of Macey and the rest of the Honor Band participants.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Congrats to Macey!!

Jean(ie) said...

Yay Miss Macey! That sure is something to be proud of!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

awww, that's really something to be proud of!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo