Friday, November 1, 2013

Hello, November!




With apologies to the crane that I scared away. Sorry, buddy. I didn't see you or I would have opened the door a little quieter. He was hanging out by that fallen tree.

It rained during the night, so we are still overcast, but the rain means more leaves will be falling. I'm not sure that we will have a true peak fall this year. Bugger to that. I am grateful for the color we have, but of course want more AND sunshine so I can get some photos. That's not asking for too much, right?

So we had 14 for our Thursday foodie night. Good crowd. All the servers were dressed up. Our "waitress" had a mighty bass voice. Cute
...well, different.

Live, love, and laugh.

Life is good on this All Saints Day, y'all! Enjoy, and remember fondly those who have gone before us. I sure will.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Barb said...

I love November-January here in the south. A break from the hoawts and the holidays. Makes me happy!

We're overcast here today with lots of rain in our forecast. Thanks for sending that. Not. ;)

big hugs xoxo

Sylvia said...

It's raining here also. It's a good day to relax and read a good book with a cup of tea.

Joy said...

Haha, we did have the same idea! (as usual) I think the peak was yesterday, actually but maybe it will last through this weekend. The gold tree outside my office window has lost some leaves, but the ones that remain are mighty pretty with the sun shining on them. Enjoy the day!

Sandee said...

It's finally cooled off here too. We don't get much color though so I don't know what I'm really missing. I just see the spectacular photographs.

We are on our boat and will be heading for Pittsburg YC this afternoon. I'll be sworn in as Vice President of IOBG Saturday night.

Have a lovely day honey. Big hugs. :)