Monday, January 16, 2012

Windy Monday

We got good news this morning...the spot on MM's noggin is fine. We like that. Not that we were worried, but it is good to have the confirmation.

He is feeling back to normal and is already gone to help a friend with a fridge problem. He needs to go to the park office and work on our Internet problem. We are on the outer range of the multiple towers, so our signal is frequently weak, plus we seem to keep getting transferred from one tower to the other. I so miss our DSL.

We are very saddened by the cruise disaster in Italy. We were on a beautiful sister ship on almost this exact route in October. There is much speculation on the cause of the grounding, but that is all that it is at the moment--speculation.

Cruising is still very safe, but this has made me aware of some things to do differently on future cruises. Number 1 is to always have ID on my person. I normally leave my cabin with only my key card, chap stick, and a book. That key card may not be good for much in the event of total electrical failure. The passports in the cabin won't do us any good if we can't get to them. I will at least have paper copies in a plastic bag with me...and a flashlight. MM always has his wallet with him, so he at least could be identified. And he would be in the thick of trying to get other folks to safety. And so would I.

So it is helpful to be a bit prepared...but not scared. Yes, we will cruise again without fear, but with a little more awareness.

Count your blessings. Happy Monday. Life is good, y'all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

Joy said...

Preparedness is a good thing. And I'm glad to hear the confirmation on the skin spot, too! Miss you!

Jean(ie) said...

This is what it is... an accident. My heart goes out to those involved. I know how scary that situation would be, being on that cruise ship. So sad.

Glad to hear the MM spot was nothing.

big hugs from snowy and icy PNW. Brrr!

Sandee said...

I'm not scared to cruise this coming Friday, but this accident did make me take notice. Scary. I love your advice about identification and a flashlight. Check.

Have a terrific day honey and I hope you get your Internet signal and that pesky wind under control. Hugs. :)

Barb said...

I will cruise again, too... without fear. I had to fly on a commercial flight into and out of Boston right after 911. I admit I was nervous, but it did not stop me from doing what I wanted to do.

I do think the day will come when the passports will be digital. They aren't really doing passport stamps much anymore, are they? Just wondering because I've heard several people say their passport was not stamped... like my sister and her family when they went to Italy for 10 days. I've had my pets microchipped since it first became available but years ago I said that they should also have GPS capabilities. Guess what? They have them now. I should have patented the idea! Doh!

Geez, this isn't a comment, it's a blog post! hahahaha!

Hooray for MM's good report! Have a lovely day. Big hugs xoxo

ivana said...

Ciao SDandy!
Good news for MM...so he continues his various activities!!!
The disaster is so complicated...man guilty, destiny, other causes, techno issues....we wait for the replies to this tragedy!
Today I heard about all the changes each ship disaster, from Titanic, Andrea Doria etc, were made for the safety on the ships...I hope that all learn something!
You gave wise advices!

Big hugs!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it's windy? gosh i didn't realize it! we went out twice too... i must be nuts. it's overcast now though.

see you soon!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxooxox

Anonymous said...

It's a good idea to have an ID on you whatever you are doing. I'm not great at doing that when, for example, I go for a walk but I'm going to try harder to remember to bring something with me.