Monday, January 9, 2012

Before/after

Brown showed up...and this is what the vacant spot looked like yesterday morning:




We huffed, we puffed, we sweated...and I did hear a swear word or two...but finally:




Success, although this photo doesn't do it justice. The TV picture is good, but this was taken last night with the light not so good......and the temp in that area went from 108 down to 84! Huge difference! And this morning, it is only 70 degrees after being on for awhile.

UPDATE:  Barb asked about the temp difference--the old TV monitor was a heat monster.  Hot, hot, hot.  We would sometimes turn off the monitor and just LISTEN to whatever was on, since the speakers were controlled through a different box there on the L.  That way, we didn't generate heat, especially on a hawt day.  This  spiffy new TV is an LED one, so it doesn't generate all that heat, nor use up as much electricity, which is also a plus, since we pay for our electricity here in this park.  And we try to be good stewards anyway.  So now you know.

Of course there is now the learning curve of a new remote...and the necessity to learn a new way to go from local cable to satellite TV. Sigh. I am remote challenged. I admit it. Have patience, MM! Or I will hide the remote!

Have a terrific Tuesday. I will, just as soon as the vacuuming is done! 

That's life in paradise...for today!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

Barb said...

I knew MM could do it! Woohoo! I don't understand the temperature difference thingy.

Perhaps I am MOHO temperature challenged?

Big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that is way cool. i have to get off my duff and get ready for pt now, buggers...

smiles, bee
xxooxoxoxox

Joy said...

Yay! Success, and cooler, too! I am with you on the remote thing, though. Watching a dvd is a real challenge for me, involving 3 remotes!) Enjoy your day.

Sandee said...

Looks good to me. LED is much nicer than those old heat/electricity burning televisions. I can so relate about the remote. I don't even know how to turn our television. It's just to complicated, and well I just rarely watch anything even though we have Roku.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from cold California. :)

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!

I can imagine what happens by installing some techno sets...MM is an expert and everythings runs well!
We too have some problems with new remotes, today I could not understand how to change the TV rogram at my son's, I didn't know the buttons!!!
Have a great Tuesday!

big hugs!!!

Haley D. said...

Good work, team! Now sit back and relax.

Papertracks said...

Looks great, good job. We are a bit cooler here in VA. It snowed on Mon.