Sunday, March 28, 2010

Home, sweet home!


This being Palm Sunday, I'm posting posting palm trees, which are much prettier to look at than the view outside at the moment here in Mayberry. It is totally gray, overcast, and very little evidence of spring on our trees. Dang. We left spring in Florida.
Yesterday was a looong day. There were three different stop-and-go traffic spots on I-75, so we got off on surface roads all three times so that at least we could stay on the move, rather than just sit. We certainly saw lots of rural Georgia, but it was a nice change from the interstate views we normally see. And I got a whole book read...Sue Grafton's "Q" is for Quarry, in case you are curious.
Now we get to unpack, put away, do laundry, replace a satellite receiver (ours died in the moho), and all those chores necessary for getting settled back home. I don't even want to begin on the snail mail. Sigh. I need a clone. Any volunteers? Come on over!
Enjoy your Sunday. Life is good!




7 comments:

Haley D. said...

I'll come on over, but you can forget me being a clone! (Nevermind what people say about us looking so much alike!)

We're glad you're home and look forward to seeing you SOON!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it is grey here today too, but nice and warm. i wish it would just rain and get it over with but it looks like the sun doesn't want to come out at all... glad you are home safe and sound. we all worry you know!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxxooxox

Anonymous said...

I'll come over and work if you feed me... Make me that Cuban pork, the tortellini thing, and of course, the butter pecan cake! LOL!

Anonymous said...

You don't forward your mail when you leave?

It's gray and misty here, and not at all in a pretty way. That's OK, I got a few new books at Sam's this morning!

Big hugs xo

ivana said...

Benarrivata nella tua casa!!!

Spring will come to Mayberry soon...we also had so much snow and cold, but now spring is springing!!!
It's so warm, and we were out, a long walk a river along, old villas, rich fields with green wheat, ordered rows of vines.
Have a good Palm Sunday...
See you...do not work to much!!!

Hugs!

Dorothy said...

There's no sun here in Western NY either and I long for sunshine and warmer spring..oh well, I guess another season is coming I hope..anyway.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Sandee said...

We've had a perfect weekend. I've worn shorts and polo's this weekend. Heaven I tell you. We are going to have a storm come in and it's a pretty big one. Supposed to last through next weekend. Rain in the valley and snow in the mountains. Oh well, we'll both get to have and keep spring pretty soon.

I'm glad you're home safe and if I were closer I'd help you with the snail mail.

Have a terrific day and get some rest. Big hug. :)