Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fun in the sun…and other matters of the heart

IMGP9085

Long-time friends Bill and Vickie met us for breakfast at our fave place—John G’s—before they headed back to chilly New Jersey.  It wasn’t exactly warm here on Monday…and still isn’t, but we are thankful for the sun after several days of rain and clouds.

Dick is taking a forced break from his concrete job to go have a root canal done this morning.  Where is that fun I mentioned in the title?  I think that happens NEXT week!

I’ve been playing a little genealogy.  Hi, new cuzn  Jim in Seattle!  John in GA included me on an email to him, so we have all been corresponding and comparing family tree nuts, um, notes…and finding some funny stuff, some discrepancies (aren’t there always!), and some missing links.  Working with this stuff is like putting together a humongous puzzle, only we don’t have that photo on the box to guide us.  Ivana, ‘humongous’ just means REALLY BIG.  Sorry about my ‘southern’ expressions.  I did remember to put “New Jersey” for you, instead of just NJ. 

So today I want to make the pink bead earrings that I didn’t make yesterday.  I know that knowledge will send a trill down a few spines.

Sending big hugs to friend Judy, who had to have her appendix out yesterday.  Ouch!

Whatever you do today, make it a super day, y’all!

5 comments:

Sandee said...

I love your new blog look. Where's the boat?

I've never had a root canal, but hear they hurt like the dickens. I hope Dick feels better soon.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope Dick doesn't have too bad a time of it. I've had a few and they weren't too bad. Novacaine is a wonderful thing, except for the droopy lip thingy.

Big hugs xo

ivana said...

Thank you, Sandy!!!
Maybe I can better understand States' names, than other words...cuzn, perhaps cousin?
A very interesting post today, I like to image your day, Dick at(by, on?) his work, you with your beating, genealogy etc!!!!
I know you alwaays have lovely days!!!
"Humongous" Hugs
Ciao!!!

Anonymous said...

from cement to a root canal... yikes! Hope Dick is back to errrr.... normal soon!

Linda said...

It's been quite nice up here the past three days or so but the weatherpeople have warned us not to get too used to it as there are clouds moving back in Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. At least they're predicting rain though and not that dreaded "S" word. With any luck we are done with that for awhile! Fingers crossed!