Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oklahoma, Mayberry style!

Last night, several of us went to see the dress rehearsal of "Oklahoma" at a nearby playhouse. It was 'girlie' night--no guys wanted to attend. Imagine that. Joy, Debora, and Hannah went with Haley, me and the wee girls, and what an evening it was!

The cast did a very nice version of the play, although early on Miss M asked if "these people could go for 20 minutes without singing?!" I can see her eight-year old point of view. That girl wanted more playing, she later stated on the way home. An hour of music is plenty long enough, in her humble opinion.

And after several minutes of 'woe-is-me' by one of the guys, saying how worthless, misunderstood, yada, yada he is, and that the world would be better off without him, Miss A piped up and said, "He sure has some ISSUES." That cracked us all up, even the folks in the row in front of us! And she was spot on in her analysis.

So that was just a little bit of culture, Mayberry style. I hope y'all have fun. We are going to the resort for lunch today to celebrate Logan's birthday, so we'll definitely have fun...and lots of pasta! Life is very good! Happy Birthday, Logan!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Logan!!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i think 20 minutes of singing is enough too! smart girl!

hope you have a great lunch at the resort, haven't been in a long time myself...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

ivana said...

Happy Birthday for Logan!
Have a lovely thursday!!!

Ciao!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Now I'll be singing that song all day! bwahahahaha!

Happy Birthday, Logan!

Anonymous said...

Any musical is a great musical. I'm a man and I prefer to go to a musical than any play. A regular play puts me to sleep. I saw the Phantom of the Opera 5 times and still enjoyed it. Have a great day and " Happy Birthday Logan ".

Paul

Linda said...

I agree - any musical is a great musical though I do have my favorites and "Oklahoma!" has always been one of them!

Happy birthday to Logan and enjoy that pasta!

Sandee said...

How fun. I wish I could have tagged along. Sounds like great fun.

Miss A was right on the money. Watch out she could be your next stand-up comic.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Logan,
Happy Birthday to you.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

Joy said...

It was fun and they did a good job, especially for a small-town theater!
I do love musicals! But the girls' comments cracked me up.