Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday...

Go ahead, let the good times roll on this last day of Mardi Gras. I'm wearing my beads...Dick asked what I did to get them. Haha...I'll never tell!

We'll go to St. Andrew's tonight for the traditional pancake supper that signals Lent is beginning tomorrow.

Who out there has attended a 'real' Mardi Gras celebration? When...where? I'd love to go to New Orleans one of these days to celebrate there...well, I don't really like big crowds, so I probably will never attend other than through what we see on TV. Oh well...

Happy Fat Tuesday, y'all! Party safe!

5 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

welcome home, way to cold in mayberry

Anonymous said...

I'm with you too many people... and way too many drunken people. I'll pass...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh i sure don't want to be on bourbon street tonight! no no no...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sandee said...

Happy Fat Tuesday to you too honey. I'm not telling anyone how I got my beads either. Bwahahahahaha.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Beth N said...

A. Sandy I have to N.O for Mardi Gras... if you just spend a little more money and invest in one of the hotels on the main drag you can enjoy the parades from the sanctuary of your own balcony overlooking the fun... my sorority Big Sis lives there and she could also probably give you some suggestions... I know they watched from a posh restaurant along the parade route... I went in college - it was a blast, but yes LOTs and LOTs of people