Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hello, Dolly, er, kitties...

Dolly is bearing down on Texas, but Missy and Parker are totally unconcerned here in Mayberry.
And I wanted to show y'all my one picture of Dale Hollow Lake (KY), taken from the resort patio. It was a bit hazy, so the picture doesn't do it justice, but it sure was pretty to see.
Some 60 or so folks gathered in the Jury Room this morning, waiting an hour for the judge to finish her business upstairs to then get down to our group to tell us what to expect, and to start roll calling and panel pickin'. I got on panel #2 to comprise 38 bodies to be quizzed by the attorney from each side, then go sit and wait while the two sides cut/keep the ones they wanted. The two panels then had to march back upstairs and sit while they finished up their reject pile, and that was the one I wound up in! Woohoooooo...no duty this week.

And then.........we met Bee and Charlie for lunch! Big WOOHOOOO. The Grebowskis are coming to Mayberry/Podunk this weekend, so we had to make plans. Big plans. Oh yes, a bit of fun will be had by all. Stay tuned.

Dick and I went to the local tech school for a massage last night. That's a little peace of heaven, especially after sitting at the puter all afternoon trying to catch up! Life is good!!!

8 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my, those photos look very inviting! Your weekend will be fun, with Miss Bee, Sarge & Lois! Woo Hoo for you!

Odat said...

The cats haven't a care in the world...wish we could be more like them....what beautiful scenery!!! And how great you got to meet Miss Bee and Sarge and get to meet Lois....How exciting!!!

Peace

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

both the kitties and the lake look danged cute! and lunch was wonderful too...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Joy said...

It's amazing how much those two cats look alike! Enjoyed the view from KY. See you at lunch!
Hugs,
Joy

Traveling Bells said...

Odat, we know Bee/Charlie AND the Grebowskis in real life! Aren't we lucky?!!!

wt4w, you bet we'll have fun this weekend! I'm sure there'll be a pic or 10 posted:-) hehe

Sarge Charlie said...

heck, i wanted you to hang someone, that lake photo is wonderful must bigify to enjoy it the most.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait. The kitties do look unconcerned. LOL

Isn't Dale Hollow beautiful from the Lodge?

So you didn't have to do anything crazy for jury duty. I got picked once (when I lived in toledo). I actually enjoyed it. But then I was 20-something and naive.

Sandee said...

I was in the reject pile last summer. It took 5 days to get there too.

How fun having lunch with Sarge and Empress Bee. Even more fun that Lois and Hank are coming for a visit too. Excellent, and I'm jealous.

Have a great day. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)