Thursday, October 2, 2014

TBT

Here is the family exposing our Swiss exchange student to some fine American culture and food at the Atlanta Hard Rock Café.  Sven (sitting next to Haley) got to experience a lot of new foods and places while living with us for a year, and he learned a whole lot of Southern expressions in the process!

Fall '14 001

He was a welcome addition to our family, and a sad loss to our hearts when he died a year after going back home to Switzerland.  I still miss him.

Count your blessings, my friends.

5 comments:

Sandee said...

How sad. He was so young. I'm so glad he got to spend a year with you and you got to spend a year with him.

Have a blessed day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Joy said...

I remember those folks! And I know Sven will always be in your hearts.

Jean(ie) said...

Glad you got to know him and he y'all. Bless his family for losing him so young! Good excuse to hugs those sweet grandbabies. All of them!

Barb said...

A bittersweet tbt photo...

big hugs from one busy gal in south jawjah xoxo

Haley D. said...

This picture is still a favorite of mine. I will always love and miss my Swiss little brother.