Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chocolate lunch bunch!

Five of the six of us managed to resist the lovely chocolate temptations in the display cases behind us:

chocolate lunch sistas

Online Beta Sigma Phi sista Judy J flew from Kansas to visit (triplet) sister Janet near Macon, and fortunately for us, had to have a nawth jawjah experience before she flew back home. 

They drove up to spend a couple of nights near beautiful Unicoi State Park, and then on up and over the mountain to have lunch with us yesterday in Hiawassee.  What a lovely time we had…along with some great food at Michalee’s Chocolate Caffe.  That’s what sistas do—meet, eat, and have a great time together.

That would be Jennie, Joy, and Joan…and oddball me, now renamed “Jandy” so I can join the J crowd!

The light was all wrong, but this chocolate cannoli filled with chocolate hazlenut cream was mighty RIGHT, according to Judy:

Judy J chocolate cannolli

I resisted temptation.  It was difficult.

We were all intrigued by the coffee mug chandelier…that stayed safely overhead:

coffee mug chanelier

We will definitely go back there again.  Yum.  And I took home half of my DEE-lish turkey panini.  The portions are definitely generous.  Did I mention tasty?

It was so nice meeting Judy and Janet.  We thank them for driving out of their way to come visit.  Y’all come back again now, ya hear?!

Life is good in our mountain paradise, where we always enjoy seeing friends.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Looks like you sistas had a lovely get together! Chocolate is definitely my weakness. I might not have been able to resist.

big hugs from sulty south jawjah. xoxo

Sandee said...

I rarely have dessert so I think I could have managed to not have any chocolate. Now ice cream is another story.

I'm so happy you had a great time. Getting together with the gals is a good thing.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Joy said...

It was indeed fun to meet Judy and Janet, and the food was delish! I am looking forward to having the other half of my turkey/pesto paninni for supper tonight.

Jean(ie) said...

That chandelier is cute! oh my, a chocolate cannoli... Now *that* would be dee-lish! I like your new nickname!

Jean(ie) said...

That chandelier is cute! oh my, a chocolate cannoli... Now *that* would be dee-lish! I like your new nickname!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh how fun! and sorry to be so late getting around. i can't seem to get it together!

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxo