Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Patio repair










The handy dandy automatic saw made for a straight cut on the damaged edge.

Two pieces of rebar, about 10 bags of mix, and a lot of sweat equity for MM later produced the basically finished new edge. I kept him hydrated and cleaned up the mess. It was the least I could do, right?

MM removed the board he used for the concrete edge this morning and is now out there back filling the edge with dirt he saved. We can drive over it in about a month, which fits nicely with our travel plans.

Any questions?

The mosquito situation here seems a bit better, so we will be enjoying the patio (we hope) today. Dinner is out there slow cooking already. More on that if we like this new recipe.

The weather is absolutely beautiful. Life is good. WYWH! Dinner is around 6, if you are brave.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Way to go on the repair project and I'd have cleaned up for them too. It's how we roll.

I'd love to come to dinner, but by the time I got there you'd be sleeping.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and scritches to all the babies. ♥♥♥

Barb said...

MM is a dandy handy man, for sure. I hope dinner is good. And I hope mine is, too. Of course, I have NO idea what it's going to be yet. hmmmm... :)

I had to run out to the post office and discovered that it's nice and warm here. Low 80's... I am enjoying that a LOT.

Enjoy your day in Paradise! big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i swear that man can fix anything! what a guy!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Joy said...

The patio is looking great, I hope the dinner was good and the mosquitos were absent!
Miss you! Hugs...

Jean(ie) said...

Let me know how that recipe went. Glad you were able to fix the concrete pad yourself. We love our handy guys!