Saturday, February 22, 2014

Happy birthday to my boyfriend!

 

Dick fisherman

Boyfriend and my fisherman!  Yep, he caught and brought home dinner last night, and boy was it good on the grill…along with some grilled cabbage.  Umm, good!

He’s a keeper!

While he was gone, the two kitties managed to escape.  Apparently I didn’t quite get the screen door latched, and they snuck out and made a run for the great outdoors when opportunity struck.  I’m docking their pay because they were supposed to be helping me, the slackers.

I didn’t see a kitty anywhere.  I called and called.  No response, no kitty on either pad next to us. 

Repeat the above. 

Finally, Missy meows and comes to me and gets dumped back inside, but still no KC.  I call for him again, and hear him answer me!  He’s such a dork.  Every time I called his name, he meowed back and finally came out from his hiding place up under the moho, out of sight.  The stinker.

Then he sat by the door, meowing to go out again.  All afternoon.  It doesn’t appeal to him today, since there is too much noise going on.  Serves him right!

So tonight we are getting all gussied up and going to a fancy banquet fund raiser for our church here to celebrate its 100 year anniversary.  MM’s family joined in ‘53 (I came along in ‘68), so we have a long history there.   Good history.

So, MM is another year older, and we are all in good health, have a roof over our heads, food on our table, and love to share.  Life doesn’t get much better than that.

We are blessed…and thankful…and hope you can say the same thing.  Happy sunny Saturday, y’all!

7 comments:

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Dick,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and scritches to the escaping babies. :)

Haley D. said...

It is a good day indeed! Have fun on your fancy birthday date, and be sure to post pictures!

Joy said...

So blessed!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

awww happy birthday to mm! is there cake? have fun tonight!

smiles, bee
xooxxoxoxo

Barb said...

Hope you enjoyed your boyfriend's B-day... and I especially hope the kittys behave themselves today!!

big hugs xoxo

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Happy birthday to your boyfriend!! Have some cake for me :)

LAC said...

Great Catch! The fish looks like a great score too. Hahah.

Hope he had a great day, and didn't have to fix anything on his birthday.