Friday, December 27, 2013

Thursday afternoon in FL

We did indeed have a late breakfast here with Vicki, minus Bill. He had to attend a condo meeting and couldn't make it. He missed yummy cinnamon-nut French toast. Best ever!



So neither of us slept well at noisy Sam's parking lot last night, but we will survive. MM is taking a nap, along with two kitties, as I type, and not from Key Largo. We are parked in Dickie B's driveway in Lake Worth.

Why...you ask? Fortunately, I called Amy shortly after we got southbound on I-95 to check on their progress, only to learn that our reservation starts tomorrow! Somehow, one of us got the date wrong. Not to worry. We are flexible. We can regroup and change plans.

So a phone call to an old friend, followed by a quick exit and slight direction change, and here we are. At least it should be quiet here tonight.

We'll take Dickie out to dinner in thanks for squatting rights. Or I will fix dinner. Whatever works best.

Life is good amongst the Palm trees, y'all! Cheers.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Haley D. said...

Great life lesson: just roll with it! It's good to get an update. Enjoy the visits!

Jean(ie) said...

Happy Florida!!! I know it's good to be back in warm weather. :-)

Sandee said...

Yes, I was wondering how you'd get any sleep in that parking lot. Now I know the answer. Tonight it will be nice and quiet. Good for you honey.

Have a restful night. Big hugs honey. ♥♥♥

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yes it was a beautiful day for sure! welcome!

smiles, bee
xoooxoxoxo

Barb said...

Except for the not sleeping well it sounds like you're already off to a lovely start! John Gs... so jealous!

Enjoy! big hugs xoxo

Joy said...

Yum, John G's! I think I will fix French toast for supper tonight, maybe. Enjoy your quiet night tonight! Hugs...