Saturday, March 16, 2013

Old memories…

This is mainly for our kids. 

That building on the R is our old hangar (and it is NOT small), the one Dick built in 1976, the first structure out at Willis Gliderport.  This is looking S across the runway (that Dick also helped build—he did a lot of the earthwork for it).  The building was not blue when we built it!  Most of those trees were also planted by Dick.  He’s always been a busy boy.

IMG_1436

We four are heading out to Willis this afternoon for a wine and cheese party hosted by those same sweet folks we had breakfast with on Wednesday, Leslie and the Jenkins.  They’ve invited lots of folks from out there to join us.  Can you say FUN?

This is just another reason why we love coming back to WPB in the winter…good friends…and family!

May you always have Love to share,
Health to spare, and Friends who care.

We are certainly blessed with family and friends, and are gonna make some more good memories today.  Are you?

Life is good…if you make it so, y’all!

7 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

Love visiting home places from the past. Today's going to be a fun day. Heading over to the produce market. So glad it's finally open!

Sandee said...

You've got a friend that cares in me. I'm just saying.

I'll await your post about this special place, because I know there will be one.

Have a fantastic day honey. Big hugs. :)

Barb said...

If I may so bold, I too lіke the valuаblе information you provіԁe in yоur artiсles. =)

Sorry. Spammer at 12:00 high.

Dick does good work for sure! I don't normally like a metal roof but I have to admit a white one atop blue building kinda looks nice. Beachy, even.

Enjoy your friends and make lots of lovely new memories. Me? I'll be watching the rest of The Thorn Birds and enjoying open window weather... hoping the pollen does find its way in a spoil my good time. big hugs xoxo

Traveling Bells said...

Got that spammer gone!!! Thanks, Barb.

Haley D. said...

If I didn't know better, I'd say the hanger was small ( of course it probably is smaller than I remember!). Keep the pictures and good times coming.

Willy said...

Willy likes memories.

10-4 Willy

Willy said...

Willy likes memories.

10-4 Willy