Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Beads and hair and other stuff

 

bead stash

Hair got in the way of beading yesterday, as in, getting a hair cut.  When I went to the WalMart to get a few things, I stopped by the salon there to see if I could get a quick trim, just in my crown area.  I was starting to get “wings” and they were bothering me and the salon was handy.

Well, a hair guy was conducting a class.  Long story short, his next model didn’t show up and he needed a ‘victim’ and my hair type was just what he wanted!  Probably ANY hair type was what he wanted at that point.

I got a free hair cut, but it did take awhile.  I enjoyed hearing his explanation of doing this and that and the why of it as he explained his techniques to the ladies.  And it is good hair cut (it looks the same, minus the ‘wings’).  Cool!

So I only had time to add a couple of items to the above ‘stash.’  Today I plan to make a few earrings, re-string some crystal bracelets for a friend, and do some other piddly things while the whole mess is out on the table.

And I’ll be praying for Barb and Whitey while I work.  Sweet Whitey boy is not doing well, and mama Barb is suffering too.  Please join me in keeping good thoughts for both of them.

Make today a good one.  It is all we have, y’all!

8 comments:

Barb said...

Awww... thank you, my friend. It's been the most awful week watching him slip into this downward spiral. He's so weak. A shadow of himself. I'm just waiting (impatiently) for Dr. Tad to call with the blood test results.

Enjoy your beading. Big hugs xoxo

Jean(ie) said...

Bee, sounds like you got a good deal on the hair. wow! Mine gets those wings, too... reminds me of those old dutch hats the women used to wear...LOL

Defintiely praying for Barb and her precious Whiteyloverboy....

Have fun BEEding!

Sandee said...

I'm praying for Barb and Whitey. Pool little fella has been through so much. Barb too.

Cool on the free haircut. I like it when things are free and they turn out good too.

Have a terrific day. Big hug from cold, but sunny California. :)

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!
Show your new haircut!!!
A positive thought for Whitey, I hope that insulin can help him to feel better!
Have a great Tuesday!
Hugs!

Joy said...

Yay for a haircut. I got mine cut last Thurs, and in about 2 weeks it will be just what I wanted. Seriously, you would not believe how short it is. But I like it.
Happy beading!

Haley D. said...

Lots of prayers for them! How fun to get a FREE hair cut! Glad you like it too.

Anonymous said...

Yay for free stuff!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well yay for you! see you tomorrow!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxox